This department is enshrined to promote gender equality and women’s empowerment as espoused by the Millennium Development Goals through:
- Ensuring that there is equal treatment (no discrimination) at the workplace for both men and women;
- Promotion of education and training with regards to gender mainstreaming, equity and equality;
- Total eradication of all facets of discrimination and sexual harassment in the workplace.
- Empower women to participate in all programmes, actions and leadership.
- Networking with other women’s organisations.
- Collaboration with National Gender Forum on national issues and influencing of policy direction.